27.6.11

BIRTHDAZE









Last Wednesday was my birthday, and this Wednesday is Alex's. Honestly, I didn't really feel like making much of a big deal over it this year. Too often I fall into that endlessly lame trap of using a birthday as an excuse to feel extra pathetic and sorry for myself, which is a repugnant but persistent habit. So instead I just tried to have a good day, and leave it at that.

Since Alex has been gone on tour for four weeks and still wont be back for almost three more, we spent an afternoon before he left hanging out, buying flowers, exchanging gifts and drinking drinks to celebrate in advance. Alex shared his J.Crew giftcard (I got these) and bought me roses and lilacs. I gave him this shirt and this book. He's going to be in Munich on his actual birthday, and if any of you happen to be headed to the show that night please cheer extra hard during his bass solo in "Young Adult Friction" for me, wontcha??

16 comments:

amie k said...

Love the flowers! I also try to avoid being self pitying on my birthday but it's hard as you get older....!!

Love Amie

www.creditcrunchchic.blogspot.com

tamsin said...

Happy birthday! :)

I really love birthdays, and get really overexcited about them but my boyfriend hates them. We clash on that.

I won't be at Munich, but I did see them in Paris a few weeks ago and it was very excellent indeed :) My first ever Paris gig! x

Kate said...

happy birthday to you and alex! it's my birthday this week too and i don't think i've grown out of being stupidly excited yet.

ana said...

happy double birthday! going to be really weird now and ask if i saw you in buffalo exchange in the east village last week, or was it just a blog-doppelganger?

corrie said...

aw happy birthday! i feel you on the birthday self pity (especially 25+) and boy missing (sigh). i love how you wrapped his gift though!

Emma Lavelle said...

Happy belated birthday Siri! xx

Chuck said...

Aww, happy birthday to both of you. These are lovely pictures, as ever. I really fancy some lilacs now.

Camille said...

Aww I know what you mean, birthdays can either be very enjoyable or deceptive/depressing days (the perspective of ageing, and of friends not showing up to prospective gatherings had me taking it very easy on my birthdays). Looks like you had a lovely time, happy birthday Siri! x

Kennedy said...

how funny that you and your beau have such close together birthdays! its the same thing with me and leonard. mine is feb. 13th and his is feb. 17th. hope your day was low key and lovely, from the pictures it looks like it was <3

Unknown said...

happy birthday! i'm glad you had a good day, the flowers are so beautiful! x

Ringo, have a banana! said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys!! Having our birthdays so close together can be really fun, since it means we get to have a big joint party somewhere in between--I mean, when we're both in the same City anyways.

I've been petsitting for the last week, and I'm really excited to go home pretty much just so I can fill the house with fresh flowers once again :n )

pia said...

happy belated birthday, siri! xoxo

Claire M. said...

Belated happy birthday! I hope you had a blast ;)

Anonymous said...

Self pitying on my birthday was also one of my habits. Always hated birthdays, but now I'm trying to be a little less bitchy about it. Love the beautiful flowers.

:)

Camila Faria

Our Youth said...

Happy belated birthday. Haha, I know what you mean.

Cute photos x

Sally Jane Vintage said...

Thanks for posting a link to that book. Five minutes after reading about it, I turned on the TV and there was a documentary about it on HBO. Total coincidence! I blogged about it today. :)