19.11.10

smell-o-vision





If only I loved perfume as much as I love perfume ads, maybe I wouldn't have such a hell of time settling on a scent! I don't know, maybe it's just having such a huge budget poured into something quite small, but so many of them seem to come out perfectly dreamy. Case in point: I'm completely obsessed with the new Love, Chloe commercial (and the song by Chemise.) Directed by Roman Coppola, it's the perfect nod to the classic '70's era Charlie ads. It just makes me wanna put on some camel pants be a career woman and have really, really bouncy hair.

Gucci also does a knock out job when it comes to their perfumes--recall Flora by Gucci and, last but certainly not least, Gucci by Gucci (by David Lynch!) Do you have a favorite perfume campaign, past or present?

7 comments:

ailsa said...

flora by gucci was pretty mesmerising. i loved the print ads for the first chloe perfume. it's actually the only perfume i wear on a regular basis.

Zoë said...

I've always loved the Lynch Gucci advert, its so eerie, I didn't know it was by Lynch however, until now! It explains a lot, haha.

You sparked my interest and I looked up the adverts for the perfumes i wear - By day - Paul Smith Rose an by night Dior's Midnight Poison.

It's quite interesting to contrast to the different approaches taken by UK and French brands, the French are so decadent and extravagant!

I also really like the first advert you posted there, is it wrong that i want to live in that ad? I wish there was such a thing as smell-o-vision in instances like this!

Kristina Uriegas-Reyes said...

oh man..fabulous!!

Colleen said...

How can I get my hair to be that bouncy?

Ringo, have a banana! said...

Haha I wish I knew! Hot rollers??

Jenny said...

That Chloé commercial is great! I love that her convertible Benz is even neutral--way to commit to a look.
I wear Hanae Mori Butterfly, but I don't think I've ever seen any ads for it. I think Flora by Gucci (also a great commercial) smells great out of the bottle, but haven't tried it on which is so key. For instance, Lola by Marc Jacobs smells pretty good out of the bottle, but after 5 minutes on my skin I hated it and my friend had the same experience with it.

Anonymous said...

chanel egoiste!