30.3.09

blue note

Photobucket

On Friday afternoon, just when I was ready to call it a long, frustrating day of trekking across the city only to be discouraged and heartbroken by yet another eerily understocked, picked over Salvation Army (this time in Hell's Kitchen) and finding the perfect, grossly unaffordable chambray skirt in Urban Outfitters, I decided I would make one last stop before heading home.

Photobucket

Leaving the noise and grime of 14th St. behind with a sigh of relief, I walked south and east along wonderfully quiet streets and past two beautiful old churches until I found myself at Buffalo Exchange.

Photobucket

There I was rewarded for my day of fruitless labor. I found this lovely soft blue dress with two rows of brass buttons, and an amazing pair of vintage Ferragamo sandals with heavy gold buckles.

Even I can't quite get away with pretending it's sandal weather yet, so till then I'll have to substitute my Ropers, and bundle up under a big fringey scarf. As for adding tights...ugh, let's just not talk about it, ok??

8 comments:

Madeline said...

the yellow belt with the super fringy scarf is tres chic. I think it looks great with boots or sandals.. and I totally understand the wintertime angst.

Diane said...

What a beautiful dress! I love it when you're rewarded for fruitless labor.

lisa butterworth said...

any pair of ferragamos is a score indeed! now, fingers crossed for sandal weather (today feels closer than ever! or is that wishful thinking?).

Eyeliah said...

Oh, love that electric blue. It is my fav color to wear.

sarah said...

i would say your patience and persistence was handsomely rewarded! i hope the weekend was just as nice...

Milla said...

Adore the dress. And the bag that once was ponykins...

fritha louise said...

That is the perfect spring scarf!

Mariona said...

Fantastic dress, you looks lovely and gorgeous !! kisses