31.5.08

...and so does Gertrude Stein...

Recently, the amazing Alix over at The Cherry Blossom Girl did a post about some of her favorite looks for the summer. One of them centered around pretty white dresses and blouses just made for running around barefoot in a sunny clover field (never mind the grass stains!) While watching "I Love You, Alice B. Toklas" last night, I was struck by all the lovely, lacey white things that sun-kissed Nancy kept slipping into. Here are a few of my favorites:















I may be short a clover field or two, and with thunder grumbling outside my window, not exactly in for frolicking weather, but in any case, we'll call it inspiration for the not-so-distant future!

5 comments:

Tali said...

aaahh i just heard it too!!! this movie looks so awesome and so something i would love to see. I love her wardrobe too, so sixties ethereal.is it rented or on tv?

Ringo, have a banana! said...

I got it from Netflix, and I definitely recommend it, if for nothing else than to see Peter Sellers in full hippie regalia!

Tali said...

haha, thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree completely - white, cottony things are the best summer wear!

Big Dadddy said...

Defiantly awesome and an inspiration, love the third one. Gotta put this on my to see list!