6.6.09

The Rain, the Post Office and Other Things

Yesterday was rainy and--gasp--borderline cold! I mean, not COLD cold, but cold for now cold. Comparatively cold. Hat-wearing cold? Jeez, I've really lost all sense of scale here.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I couldn't believe it when I found this dress at a second hand shop a few days ago. It needed some ruffle removal on the front to make it look a mite bit less nightgowny/like it was made for an 8 year old (which I think it probably was...), but now it's just perfect! It's also a lot more green than it is grey, oh accurate white balance how you elude me...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This bag was another great score. I've been wanting a tote that wasn't of the ubiquitous dirty white canvas variety, of which I already have several. This one also happens to be frickin' ENORMOUS. Seriously, a litter of kittens could be birthed in this thing (...? That's the best anecdote I could come up with?)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I'm also REALLY digging my new Barbie pink nail polish. It's "Sweet Tart" by Revlon, and it is available at a fine K Mart location near you!

Also, can I just take a moment here to say wow wow WOW, thank you all so much for the incredibly kind, positive, blush-inducing comments on the previous entry. I wish I could give each and every one of you a beautiful chambray dress, a big hug, and a sloppy ol' kiss!

xxoxx
Ringo

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

that dress is lovely :),
somehow thrift shopping seems so much more rewarding that high street shopping!
lots of love,
nicky x x

Unknown said...

I love those boots! Discovered your blog through Discotheque confusion; it's great! Our weather in the U.K seems to mirror yours, it's really cooled down here as well. Luckily I like to wear tights and things, so it's good for me!

Cindy said...

that dress is an amazing find. lovely. it reminds me of laura ashley.

Rhiannon said...

I think this is my favorite outfit of yours yet . . . I love how you took a ruffle off of a vintage kid's dress and made it look like something from A.P.C.

Suzy said...

TFC (too fucking cute). It reminds of this amazing Free People dress that I found somewhere for like five bucks but it's sooo short that I don't know how to wear it without thick, thick leggings and, c'mon, leggings? Also I've been dying to paint my nails, as I haven't done in ages (at least not to myself- thanks, toddlers!) but every color I think of would suck with the next outfit I want to wear. Oh, I can't wait to be living in the same house as my entire wardrobe. Girl can not live on ten or so pieces of clothing. Not this one, at least.

l said...

you're welcome

ps. I love your nails

Milla said...

I want to marry your dress or at least have it's bastards!

keira antoia rose said...

Cute outfit! I really love that dress...it's precious.

xoxo Isabella Clarisse xoxo
www.tasteoffashionkar.blogspot.com

Mars said...

you look lovely! what a good fit :)

Anonymous said...

LOVE this dress & your red tote bag!

been following your blog for a while now & love it!! i'm sure you've had it before but i've given you an award :)

www.messyourhairup.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

That dress is adorable and I love your nail polish. I'm all about bright pinks on my nails these days.

Isabel said...

I love the idea of wearing vintage nightgowns as dresses. I have a few but they're all transparent! That dress totally doesn't even look like a nightgown though.

allison said...

WOA NO WAY! I just painted my nails a bright barbie pink the other day (as if fingernail polish colors were a revelation?)! I am also loving it... Also love your blog.