18.12.09

thou shalt not covet thy loved ones' cardigans

frankie

journal-standard-cardigan

knoblrsweaters

My boyfriend keeps taunting me with an endless stream of amazing (and expensive) sweaters he's come across on the internet, especially from Inventory Magazine's excellent blog and drool worthy stockroom (he even made this little collage of his favorites for his tumblr.) Ok ok, I guess taunting is a harsh word...but he's already swathed in so much shawl-collared, leather buttoned, elbow-patched, heavy-knitted goodness every damn day, it's hard not to get a liiiiittle jealous.

(photos via Frankie Magazine and The Knoblr)

8 comments:

Alicia Rubiales (Alice) said...

You should learn to knit so you can make them for him (and for you!), it's waaaay cheaper. I'm doing that, hopefully i'll be able to make a nice wooly cardigan before the winter ends.

Ringo, have a banana! said...

That is a mighty fine idea. Maybe once I'm out of school I can spend my winter evenings doing some serious knitting instead of tearing my hair out over papers!

calivintage said...

oh crap, if my boyfriend wore sweaters like that, i would be stealing them left and right, even if they were like a million sizes too big for me. wantttt.

Lexie said...

those sweaters look so cozy! near impossible not to covet.

Lucy said...

ahhh the words "shawl collar" and "leather buttoned" send me to a happy place.

thevamoose said...

ohhh sweater envy!

stinevincent said...

mmmm so good. After coming back to my parents' for winter break, I'm cozying up in what is perhaps the best christmas gift I'll receive: an old, gray-and-black cable-knit vest that once was my g-pa's (with flecks of ORANGE! AND brown leather buttons).

I've finally trained my family. Now when they stumble across something old they set it aside, thinking, "oh, this is ugly, maybe christine will want it."

Meg said...

he has excellent taste, and free game for you! love over sized sweaters :)