17.12.09

An American in Vernis

american-apparel-accessories_400

I don't think I will ever get tired of buying nail polish. It's silly, I know, a waste of money, no question. But even though I have a whole sack of shiny little bottles in my bathroom cabinet, I just can't be stopped. I love the way they look all lined up on a drugstore shelf; I feel the same way looking at tubes of paint or fresh, unsharpened colored pencils.

Even though working at American Apparel may have kind of killed the company for me, I am SO DOWN with this new nailpolish line they've got going on. I can't speak to the quality since I've yet to actually sample it, but the colors are amazing, seriously, I'm flipping out. And from what I can tell they are solid, none of that shimmer crap (well ok there might be some in that last one, too soon to tell)!! So so into that whole top row.

american-apparel-accessories_4002

american-apparel-accessories_4003

My immediate favorites are Office and Palm Springs, above, but seeing as they come 3 for $15, I might have to add Rose Bowl to the mix.

(photo via Chictopia)

15 comments:

Isabel said...

Gahh, the post title is so clever! I love it.

Ringo, have a banana! said...

Hahaha, thank you! Not gonna lie, I'm pretty proud of myself on this one.

anja louise said...

I wish I could wear nail polish! I had some on back in Oct, but for some reason if my nails are colored my little bird freaks out and had a spaz if my hand comes near her. So weird?? Who knows what's going on in her bird brain.

Cindy said...

i love the top row too, such pretty muted colours. i'm normally a weird colour or brights kind of girl but i feeling muted, dusty pinks right now. i love the second and 4,5,6, in the top row. lovely.

Nature Graffiti said...

I love/want to try every colour....
American Apparel has a way of making even conventional beauty products mindblowingly cool :)

xx
Olivia
HTTP://NATUREGRAFFITI.COM

Caitlin said...

holy crap that first row is soo dreamy. peach!
i also highly recommend a place on broome & bowery that sells really great colors for like 1.00 to 3.00 called "golden nail beauty supply"

Love_Again said...

Love these colours. I wish polish would stay on my nails for at least an hour before chipping off..

Suzy said...

Oh lala, I love the packaging. I just picked up two of those o.p.i. matte shades similar to the mint and taupe ones shown here. The bottles warn "do not use hand lotion" as they won't stay matte otherwise, clearly unaware that my hands will flake off in this cold if I don't. Anyway I don't know if a matte nail is for me- I'm more a fan of a solid glossy lacquer.

Suzy said...

OH and I keep my 'lacquer sack' in the fridge. Drives everyone nuts, but I've yet to see a bottle go bad.

WendyB said...

Pretty colors! I love Palm Springs too.

Jessica said...

i love nail polish too! and those colors look awesome! thanks!

Kennedy said...

yeah all the nail polish colors that have are so awesome, and for 3 for 15 bucks! i think those are pretty good prices even for aa. anyways i have tried it, i have rose bowl, and its awesome. not shimmery at all, and you dont have to add on one hundred layers to get it to look like the color you want.

Elia Gevore said...

The quality is pretty good. I bought the black (hassid), Office and Palm Springs. Palm springs is my favorite, perfect in 2 coats. Office is a lovely color but would need at least 3 coats coats as it's very sheer. Also Office is near impossible to find! I had to go to 2 locations (called 3) to find it.

Meg said...

i love all the colours! so beautiful

savannah louise said...

lol know how you feel bout that crazy company...but i agree. when we got these in i felt like i wanted one in every color.