24.4.09

Being a Hasbeen has never looked so good...

Not once but twice today while I was out and about, I saw girls wearing amazing little wooden-soled clog-sandals. Which reminded me of...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

...the Swedish Hasbeens I read about in Elle the other day! The first style actually reminds me a bit of those Rachel Comey Dekalb Clogs. Sadly, while they cost about half as much (if my Kroner conversion is accurate...), they are still out of my price range.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

(Also sadly, far too many of the "inspiration" photos on the site feature disembodied legs swathed in extremely unfortunate shiny leggings, wearing shoes of questionable fit. Really, Sweden? That's the best you could do??)

What's worse, once I reached my destination (Refinery, to try on some Saltwaters, thanks Linda!), not only was the shop filled with similar but even MORE adorable Swedish clogs at unaffordable prices, I also found to my extreme dismay that the Saltwaters might actually be a no-go. GASP! They're so much wider than I expected, my stupid feet were swimming in the 7's, even though they were right in the length. Nooooooooo!

POSSIBLE SUMMER SANDAL FAIL?

9 comments:

Suzy said...

Eek! Now I'm nervous mine won't fit as I went with the 8's. I haaaaate online exchanging.

dw said...

those top ones really do look like comey clogs! now, if they are half as expensive, does that mean maybe i can try half as hard to convince my parents they are an appropriately priced bday gift? i doubt it, but you've given me hope!

Unknown said...

Ooh, I love those Hasbeens! A quick currency conversion and yep, they're definitely out of my price range, but maybe I'll see something similar...

Mc Cranky! said...

a really great store here in melbourne sells these, they also sell some other designs by funkis, they are still swedish and really great looking only a little cheaper i think. you can see and buy them www.funkis.com i'm not sure if they ship to america but it is worth a look.

Eyeliah said...

I spent many a yrs in clogs, I love the sound they make when you walk.

Ringo, have a banana! said...

Heh, me too! Clip clop clip clop, here I come ;n )

Anonymous said...

I'm loving the peep toe sandals !

Unknown said...

love them the white ones are very pretty!!

Meg said...

ahg we are in the same predicament