25.2.08

Sometimes...

I like to torture myself by making afternoon outings to discount stores and trying on beautiful clothing that, despite being heftily reduced, I still cannot afford! Somehow, I always seem to think that this will cheer me up...


Ha! Think again! This little number was by some brand called Chelsea Flower, and was in fact a bit too tent-like. But I loved the color.


I can, however, afford many things in the legwear section, so I came home with a bounty of socks and tights. I also broke down and bought a tiny wee bottle of Marc Jacobs perfume from eBay last week, and a kind friend sent me an amazing Valentine (it's NEVER too late!) so all in all, I suppose I can't complain (but I will, oh WILL I!)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I accidentally discovered your site this morning. What can I say...I'm hooked! I browsed through all your posts in one sitting. Can you imagine? Haha! Love your site! Keep up the good "fashionable" work.=)

http://fashiolution.com

Anonymous said...

Forgot to mention, I love this dress on you. You look like a fairy goddess in it, I promise.

Anonymous said...

I like your site!

Suzanna Mars said...

Which Marc Jacobs? The new one, Daisy? I think that would suit you.

Love the bit about trying on things you cannot afford. It IS cheering, isn't it?

millicent said...

me and my cousin do that (trying on clothes and taking pictures without buying them), its a lot of fun. i like that dress, i'd wear it

Josefina said...

i'm glad you liked it!

J said...

this is exactly how I get my kicks with my friends when our pockets are empty.staging photoshoots with outrageous items I could never own is very satisfying (also to see the looks on the salespeople's faces is priceless)

Unknown said...

i do the same thing as c.j.b, hahaha. it's all in good fun and thats how i get to be good friends with shop clerks, and hence small discounts galore.

the perfume suits you and i love the second picture, its like cotton candy for the eye.

Ringo, have a banana! said...

mej--thank you! I'm now digging your site too :n )

suzanna--it's actually the original Marc. My housemate has Daisy, but I actually don't quite care for it. I want to, but...I just can't quite get on board. What I really want is something that smells like Tuberose (besides Fracas, which has too much of a bite to it, but Gardenia is good too!

josefina--I loved it! I still intend to thank you personally (well, more personally?) on LJ!

And yes, sometimes it does cheer me up, especially when I'm with friends, but sometimes it just kills me that I can ALMOST afford those gorgeous Chloe boots but noooooot quite :n (

Anonymous said...

I love that first dress! you look like a girl erin fetherston would dream of! xx

DEESTO said...

siriously, i need your address.