14.8.07

Mmmm, delicious maaatching...


Today I took an ill-advised afternoon nap on our new sheepskin rug, and had a terrible nightmare. When I awoke my head was in an awful state, and I decided that the only thing to do was to eat an enormous ice cream cone. Fortunately, I live next to an amusement park! In my groggy state, I put on my newest thrifted dress from Salvation Army, only to find that when I arrived at the soft-serve stand and received my cone of glory, we matched. A lot.



I didn't have too much time to ponder, however, since as soon as I devoured the cone, it was time to devour my book, Kon Tiki by Thor Heyerdahl. It's a damn fine read, and I recommend it to you all!

3 comments:

CB said...

dear siri:
i have upload your photos in my blog. hope you like it.
i read kon-tiki loooong time ago, i think is a very great book from a great aventure.
cheers.
rafael.-

Rachel S said...

My grandma has always had that book sitting on her desk in her den next to a little statue of a frog in a rocking chair with a very small plackard that says "the boss" underneath it. Just a few miles away from this delightful desk scene in her Pismo Beach condo is the Kon Tiki Inn. I assume that it is named after the book, and supposedly it's a good place to get a cocktail.

Anonymous said...

Your dress is absolutely amazing!
And I really love the summery colours in these pictures.

This is the first time I read your blog and it's absolutely wonderful.
I've been admiring your Flickr and Stylemob pictures for some time now, though.
May I link your blog to mine too?