16.1.11

STONE RIDGE FARM

siri1

siri2

siri3

siri4

A few photos from a trip we took this fall upstate to go apple picking. Alex took these with his Yashica,which doesn't have a light meter, and he really nailed the exposure, especially on the first one. I'm so proud! Stone Ridge Farm is a good two hour drive north from the city, but it's definitely worth it (especially if you have a loyal companion to deal with the messy driving part...) It was quite late in the season, but it meant that the few trees left with leaves were really going for it foliage-wise. As soon as I get back to NYC I'm getting my own roll from that day, which I finally finished while at home, developed as well.

(photos by Alex)

13 comments:

Neus said...

wow!! super nice shots! I really like your blog! I think that it's very natural! Neus*

Andrea said...

So nice. I live the town over from Stone Ridge, and it's always fun to see someone else's (camera's) perspective! Makes me miss apples...and fall...and color.

Sofía Premat said...

apple! i want some..

Allison said...

You look so cool, standing there with all the trees! Apple picking would be so fun right now.

Antonia Serio said...

Oh, Rome *-* It's one of the greatest city in the world and I love it :D
Come into my blog if you want :)
Kisses

http://haiundisperatobisognodichanel.blogspot.com/

Sister Golden Air said...

Great photos. No. 3 could have been 40 years ago. I love it

http://sistergoldenair.blogspot.com/

Jennifer said...

I love your jeans! What brand are those?

Claire said...

Very pretty. I love the photos.

Ringo, have a banana! said...

Jennifer: they're actually really ancient Banana Republic jeans that I sewed to be much skinnier a couple years ago. Sadly, they totally bit it this fall (HUGE knee holes, great for ventilation but not so much for insulation!) and now they will have to relegated to summer wear only status.

Annalise said...

These pictures turned out so nice that I can't wait to see the ones that you took! Apple picking sounds so lovely right now.
XOXO

Oli said...

i love youyr top these photos are sooo stunning well done

www.storyofafunnyface.blogspot.com

Lexie said...

that last picture is my favorite.

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

Aww, I was born right near there. How sweet.