29.7.08

next stop: yumsville



It seems like there's been a lot of talk about bows as accessories lately: Liebe Marlene wears them in her hair, while Bird Baths prefers them around her neck, among other places. So, in an effort to soften up my intimidating new boots, I decided to try a floral dress and big poofy bow of my own. I still felt a bit like I should be pacing around a war room, or at least bouncing an enormous inflatable globe off my rump, but I'm working on being comfortable with that.


Also, a couple of you expressed some interest in my afore mentioned peanut butter cups. So here's my completely unscientific, rambling, potentially useless recipe! Enjoi!

14 comments:

LCL said...

I love the bow! I'll have to try out that way of wearing it...

Brittany said...

I love your outfit. As always. And GOD BLESS YOU for the peanut butter cup instructions. Oh,I can taste them already...

Lydia said...

Those boots are pretty awesome.

By the way, I think the bow went over pretty well :D

Mimi said...

That dress is so beautiful and your blog is amazing.Added you to my blogroll.

Kristina Uriegas-Reyes said...

love the dress and i like the vest bow dress combo the most!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

oo love the combo of the boots & florals :) and yummy thanks for the recipe :)

Eyeliah said...

Reminds me of the Edge of Love! Great style.

ELM said...

The boots look fantastic! I love your red vest. And I'm going to try those peanut butter cups for sure! (I'll get back to you on how they work out!)

Kennedy said...

um you always look perfect. i bet you never ever ever went through an awkward phase.

styledigger said...

I like this outfit, dress is so cute and combination with vest is just perfect. I love the bow too. I went tgrough your blog and I have to say that I love it:) Your style inspires me a lot- would you like to trade links? I've added you alredy.

Hugs from Poland

{Tara} said...

I'm loving the bow idea more and more lately...I have all these old silk scarves that haven't seen the light of day for a while and can't wait for fall to try them all out this way. Love the blog!

emily said...

aw, this is so cute and i adore the bow. <3

SO. said...

man, i love your style. i agree that i love the fashion, film, and music of the 70's. something about that time period is just so liberating.

Phone with a Cord said...

yum.. Im going to try this recipe!