11.5.08

jacka








There is a painfully adorable epidemic sweeping Scandinavia! I am talking, of course, about the little navy blue cropped sailor jacket that's been showing up on every Swede/Finn/Norwegian (I'm sure though I don't have proof) in bloggerland. Looks like H&M has a hit!

I actually tried it on yesterday. It was funny, I only saw two of them in the whole store (Herald Square, on a Saturday afternoon, agh what was I thinking?), slung over separate racks, one in size 12 and one in size 2 which, I'm pretty sure, was probably the last available size 2 in New York, if not the entire western world. I tried the 2, and it's true, I could imagine a beautiful future with that little fella. But worth the pricetag? I have my doubts. Maybe (definitely) I'm just a cheap skate but, hey, at least I'll have plenty of opportunity to live vicariously through these lovely ladies!

Photos from: The Moderniteter, Lisa Place, It's Vintage, Darling!, and Only Shallow

19 comments:

Annie said...

omg it is cute! if only u had posted it earlier i could have rushed to hm to check it out today! damn. no hm all summer for me =(

catherine said...

i've seen that jacket everywhere in paris too. i've almost bought it three times, but with that money i could also buy 30 brioches.....

Belle said...

i love h&m, but i love it's clearance rack at jersey gardens even more. ditto on living vicariously, methinks.

sara fig said...

what blog is the third set of photos from?

soph n terr said...

Indeed, this jacket has consumed most of my life as I fruitlessly phrase and rephrase my ebay searches to find something similar. I shall move on to my mother's closet, for the nearest H&M is not so near at all.

Ringo, have a banana! said...

sara, the third set is from It's Vintage, Darling!

and Catherine, go for the brioches, for sure!

AlicePleasance said...

It's everywhere! It's the H&M big hot piece of the moment. This jacket and those fabric flowers.

Emily said...

i read all those blogs and have noticed this jacket as well. however i didnt notice it was the same one. funny how that happens, huh?

princessmillatwoshoes said...

I wouldn't buy it BUT I do love how all these lovely ladies incorporated it to their look differently.

Sally Jane said...

You're a stronger woman that I! I haven't found it at my local H&M yet but if I do I'm pretty sure it's coming home with me.

Paris Tarts said...

OMG I want that jacket!!! Lovely post today! Thank you!!!

emila said...

I adore that jacket. Not even one have arrived at my nearest H&M though (even if I live in Finland, there should be those!).

It's odd that I had always thought people got that jacket from eBay or places like that, never imagined it was from H&M.

catherine said...

thanks ringo, i always go for the brioche....good for the soul though not necessarily the pant size...

kitty kate said...

wow they are so cute! i must check h&m soon! how much did it cost??

http://kittykatekins.blogspot.com/

the childcatcher//granny print said...

its beautiful!

the childcatcher//granny print said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ringo, have a banana! said...

Kitty--I believe it was about $40. Too rich for my blood, ha!

karla said...

ahhhh they don't have those little blazers at our h&m ;(

wishwishwish.net said...

Oh I totally know what you mean. I've tried searching ebay for that elusive jacket - but to no avail! I've got a similar one in grey i nabbed in the Topshop sale though!